Meet Dr. Adebukola Abiola, MD FASAM DABAM
Medical Director, Preston Healthcare
Dr. Abiola is a proud first-generation Nigerian immigrant, husband and father with a big heart and contagious laugh. His compassion for his patients and appetite for continuous education is limitless.
A designated civil surgeon by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) of the United States Department of Homeland Security, Dr. Abiola holds a medical degree from the College of Health Sciences, University of Ilorin, Nigeria. He completed residency training in Family Medicine and Community Health at The Jamaica Hospital Medical Center, Jamaica, NY and a fellowship in Primary Care Clinical Psychiatry at the Department of Psychiatry & Human Behavior, University of California, Irvine School of Medicine. He also completed a Certificate Course in Opioid Addiction Treatment at Center for Addiction and Mental Health, the Faculty of Medicine, The University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
He is a diplomate of the American Board of Addiction Medicine and the American Society of Addiction Medicine, and a fellow of the American Society of Addiction Medicine and the American Institute of Stress. He is certified in Travel Medicine by the International Society of Travel Medicine.
Dr. Abiola practices a full complement of addiction medicine, including medication-assisted treatment (MAT), individual and group therapy. He also practices clinical psychiatry and provides consultation in peri-operative acute and chronic pain management to individuals with substance use disorders who are currently in therapy or in recovery.
In addition to addiction medicine, Dr. Abiola directs the Center for International, Travel Medicine & Immigrant Health where he provides pre-travel preventive care including immunizations to individuals traveling abroad and conducts immigration physical examinations. He also provides healthcare services to tourists.
- Opioid Dependence Treatment from Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto and the Center for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto
- Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health from The University of Sydney
- Traveler’s Health by the International Society of Travel Medicine
- American Board of Addiction Medicine (since 2008)
- American Board of Family Medicine (since 2003)
- American Society of Addiction Medicine
- International Society of Addiction Medicine
- The National Center for Crisis Management
- American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress
- International Association for Medical Assistance to Travelers
- Society of Cannabis Clinicians
- Addiction medicine
- Cognitive-behavioral Therapy
- Immigrant & Travelers’ Health
- Family Medicine
- Primary Care Clinical Psychiatry